Home damaged by salad dressing explosion

EMBED </>More News Videos

A salad dressing recall ended with a bang in Casper Wyoming. (KTRK)

Divel McLean was preparing a meal at her friend's house when her salad dressing fought back.

"I heard pop, pop, pop. I looked up, it was possessed. It was going crazy. It was shooting up in the air, to the side," McLean said to KTWO.
Bus driver saves the day after cupcake catastrophe
EMBED </>More News Videos

After a mishap on the school bus left two dozen cupcakes on the floor, a bus driver with a heart of gold stepped in to save the day -- and the class' Halloween party.


McLean said her salad dressing bottle exploded.

"It sounded like a firecracker going off in the house. How loud was this? Sound effects. Real loud," McLean said.

She snapped pictures for proof after the big pop, knowing that no one would believe her story.

Best bottled dressings and recipes to make at home
EMBED </>More News Videos

Supermarkets have shelves full of salad dressings, but which ones are the best?


"Well it's hard to explain, I was attacked by a bottle of salad dressing. He probably thought I was in the whiskey or something," McLean said.
It wasn't until later when she found out that her dressing had been recalled. In a statement, Dorothy Lynch said bacteria in their product is bubbling and causing the dressing to foam or even spew out.

She estimates $2,500 in total destruction with damage to the carpet, the walls, a computer and her dress.

"From just a $3 bottle of dressing. From the depths of my toes, to the top of my head. I will never eat Dorothy Lynch again. That stuff is crazy," McLean said.
Related Topics:
foodsaladexplosionWyoming
(Copyright ©2016 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments