Elastic resistance bands with handles have been an exercise must-have for some time, and they are incredibly effective. In fact, I work out with them at home, which is why I loved learning these exercises from Jack Owens at Dynamic Fitness in Pearland.
For all of these exercises, find a pole, rail or another sturdy surface and loop the band around until secure and with even resistance on each side.
- Floor Bridge Curls - Lie on your back facing the base for the bands with a handle in each hand. Lift lower body into a bridge, and squeeze glutes. Hold the bridge and do bicep curls with bands.
- Kneeling Chest Press - Facing away from the base where the bands are secured, put a handle in each hand. Kneel down, and perform a chest press.
- Squat Row - Facing where the band is secured, hold the band handles in each hand. Squat down, hold the squat, pull the bands back into a row, and stand up.
- Shoulder Press - Stagger legs so one is in front of the other, facing away from where the band is secured. With a handle in each hand, bring hands up to shoulders, and press hands up at a diagonal and back down to shoulders.
- Single Leg Lunges to Balance - Face where the band is secured with a band handle in each hand. Start with legs together, and bring one leg back into a lunge. As you come up, bring leg into a high knee to balance, and bring back down.
If you're interested in personal training, you can reach Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-800-1859.