HOUSTON (KTRK) --Strong back muscles improve our posture, reduce neck and shoulder pain, and also give us a sexy backside! Courtney Wyckoff with MommaStrong.com came up with five exercises that will strengthen your back and work other muscles at the same time.
Do as many reps as you can. You can do up to five sets of each exercise.
1. Superwoman - Lie on your tummy with your arms out in front of you and legs shoulder-width apart. Lift your upper and lower body up and hold, then lower your upper and lower body. Make sure to squeeze your back, core, and glutes while doing this.
2. Plank Tuck - In a full plank position with your hands on the ground, lift your lower body up and then lower back down. Repeat.
3. Deep Lunge Flies - Grab dumbbells. With one leg in front of the other, lower into a deep lunge. Bend your arms and bring dumbbells together in front of your chest. Keeping your arms in a right angle, lift your arms, squeezing your back, and release. Repeat on other leg.
4. Potty Squat Rows - Hold onto the dumbbells. With legs shoulder-width apart, squat down and lean over. Hold this position, and complete a row by keeping elbows close to your waist, pulling the weight back, and squeezing the muscles.
5. Plank Renegade Rows - Place the dumbbells in front of you and lower into a plank position with your hands on the floor. Holding the plank position, grab one dumbbell and lift into a row. Then, repeat on the other side.