You may have a lot of extra Easter eggs lying around over the next week, and that's a good thing because eggs are so good for you. Here are five benefits of eating eggs.
1) Eggs are a good source of protein and amino acids. One large egg contains six grams of protein. Eating the right about of protein helps improve muscle mass and can also help with weight loss.
2) Eggs are high in cholesterol, but it's the good cholesterol! HDL is High Density Lipoprotein. Often times, if people have high levels of HDL, they also have a lower risk of heart disease and stroke.
3) Eggs are good for your brain! Choline is the key nutrient that most people don't consume enough of in their daily diets. It helps build cell membranes and molecules in the brain.
4) If you want healthy eyes, eat your eggs. Eggs contain antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin. Both of these powerful antioxidants can reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
5) It's a low-calorie eat! Just one egg contains 78 calories, and it's fulfilling.
5 benefits of eggs
HEALTH & FITNESS
More Health & Fitness