Boy burned in house fire undergoes skin graft surgery

EMBED </>More News Videos

Boy undergoes surgery after house fire, Deborah Wrigley reports.

A 6-year-old boy who was burned when his family's house caught fire is now sedated at Shriner's Hospital for Children in Galveston. His family says he underwent the first round of skin graft surgery Saturday.

The family escaped the fire, but Anthony Esquivel went back inside, to save several dogs and puppies. They all perished but he did save one small pup.

The first-grader is said to have third degree burns on his torso and back. Several areas on his arms were burned as well. His face was not burned.

Another round of surgery is expected Sunday.
Related Topics:
newshouse firechild injuredGalveston
(Copyright ©2016 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments