HOUSTON (KTRK) --A UT building in the Medical Center was evacuated after workers felt sick due to a strong odor. The incident happened at a veterinary clinic in the 7700 block of Knight Road.
A UT spokesperson felt ill while cleaning an animal area, and as a second worker came to her aid, that employee became ill as well. Additionally, a worker in a different portion of the building had felt unwell, so as a precaution, officials cleared the building.
Tests showed no trace of carbon monoxide, and we're told the vets were not handling any chemicals. The animals showed no signs of sickness.
The two workers were taken to a hospital as a precaution. The employee who felt sick in another part of the building refused treatment.
The all-clear has been given, and workers in both the police and veterinary portions of the building have been allowed to return.
A spokesperson says plumbing work was performed at the building yesterday, and they're looking into the possibility that a residual odor came from that.