According to city officials, anyone without air conditioning can seek shelter at the following city cooling centers on Sunday between 1 and 6 p.m.:
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center: 6719 W Montgomery Road
- Kashmere Multi-Service Center: 4802 Lockwood Drive
- Southwest Multi-Service Center: 6400 High Star Drive
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center: 9314 Cullen Boulevard
- Houston Public Library (Downtown): 500 McKinney Street
People without transportation to a designated cooling center can call 311 to request a free ride from METRO.
High-risk groups such as adults age 55 and older, children under the age of five and people with chronic illness are urged to stay inside air-conditioned buildings between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., the hottest part of the day.
Check the weather in your neighborhood anytime with the free AccuWeather app for iPhone and Android today!