HOUSTON, Texas -- Houston commuters traveling northwest have long endured construction on US 290. Now the Texas Department of Transportation has announced the last major phase of the 290 Project, as crews complete the new SH 6/FM 1960 bridge.
To complete the work, the following areas will be closed beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6.
- SH 6 northbound between Hempstead Road and US 290
- Hempstead eastbound to SH 6 northbound
- SH 6 northbound to Hempstead westbound
- US 290 eastbound exit to Eldridge Parkway/West Road
- US 290 eastbound frontage road at entrance from SH 6
For more on this story visit our partners at Culturemap.
Do you hate Houston traffic as much as we do? Join the club!