A 10-2 victory on Tuesday kept the Mustangs in a tie for first place in District 17-6A with Stratford as they improved to 18-2-1 overall and 6-0 in district play.
"I felt like we ended the season really well last year," Mustang coach Jeremy York said. "Our senior class from 2018 really set the stage for us. We played well in the Round Rock series and that was our deal to take that and transfer that into this year.
"So far we have done a good job of that. Playing well together as a team, taking each game pitch by pitch, out by out and inning by inning."
This start to the year has made Houston Memorial Baseball the March Becks Prime Team of the Month.
Get more on the Memorial Mustangs through our partner VYPE Houston.
SEE OTHER VYPE STORIES:
- Houston hoops legend Brittney Griner to enter VYPE Hall
- MLB ace and former The Woodlands HS star getting Vype honor
- ABC13 up close with Houston's best high school athletes
- Track stars shine at VYPE photoshoot
- Hargraves HS baseball player also a top bass angler
- Seven Lakes and Rice Owls alum makes MLB debut
- Huffman softball star dons umpire uniform for her first games
- Tomball HS pole vault star's steady climb to state meet
- Pleasantly Humble: Taylor Pleasants reflects on multi-sport career, USA Softball, LSU
- Houston's Strake Jesuit boasts fastest man in US