The 6-foot-2 safety was just getting warmed up.
In January, the transition began to track - the sport that will take him to the next level.
Williams has the top Class 5A 800-meter time in the state of Texas as 1:53.21 - a brutal race of speed and endurance.
Read more on Collin's journey to the track through our partner VYPE Houston.
SEE OTHER VYPE STORIES:
- Houston hoops legend Brittney Griner to enter VYPE Hall
- MLB ace and former The Woodlands HS star getting Vype honor
- ABC13 up close with Houston's best high school athletes
- Track stars shine at VYPE photoshoot
- Hargraves HS baseball player also a top bass angler
- Seven Lakes and Rice Owls alum makes MLB debut
- Huffman softball star dons umpire uniform for her first games
- Tomball HS pole vault star's steady climb to state meet
- Pleasantly Humble: Taylor Pleasants reflects on multi-sport career, USA Softball, LSU
- Houston's Strake Jesuit boasts fastest man in US