HIGH SPRINGS, Florida (KTRK) -- The High Springs fire department says firefighters were responding to a LifeAlert alarm activation.
It turned out to be a false alarm, but before leaving, the crew noticed the elderly woman's microwave had stopped working.
That was a problem because she typically receives meals on wheels and many of the meals are frozen.
The crew wasted no time. They went to the store and bought her a new microwave, installed it, and even cooked her dinner.
SWEET GESTURE: Firefighters buy elderly woman microwave
More TOP STORIES News