The former "Apprentice" contestant addressed her departure with Good Morning America on Thursday in an attempt to dispel rumors that she had been terminated and that she was escorted off White House grounds.
In talking about her departure, Manigault Newman said she actually resigned from the White House staff. Addressing whether she tried to re-enter the building, she characterized the scenario as "ridiculous," saying the White House is the most secure place in the country.
RELATED: Omarosa resigns from Trump administration job
Manigault Newman then hit back at reports that she had been escorted from White House, citing the Secret Service's denial that she was forcibly removed.
The GMA interview turned to her reported disappointment over President Trump's handling of the Charlottesville clash and his endorsement of Roy Moore for the Alabama U.S. Senate race.
Even though she couldn't reveal too much while technically still being employed with the administration, Manigault Newman said there were a lot of things that she was very unhappy about.
"As the only African-American woman in this White House as a senior staff and assistant to the president, I have seen things that have made me uncomfortable, that have upset me, that have affected me deeply and emotionally," she said. "It has affected my community and my people, and when I can tell my story, it's a profound story that I know the world would want to hear."
Despite her sentiment, Manigault Newman defended the Trump White House on questions of whether the administration has divided the country even more rather than unite it.
Alluding to her time in the Clinton administration, Manigault Newman said the goal is incomplete given that Trump has been president for 11 months, but she believes the White House is on its way.
Manigault Newman, who worked officially as director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison, is officially still on staff through Jan. 20.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff