Comey will speak at the symposium "Intelligence in Defense of the Homeland" March 23 at 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center Ballroom in Austin.
The free and open to the public symposium is aimed at promoting the exchange of well-informed views on critical security issues and policies.
RELATED: FBI's Comey meets congressional leaders on wiretapping
Other national security experts who will be in attendance include:
- Thomas Bossert, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
- Adm. Kurt Tidd, Commander, U.S. Southern Command
- Lt. Gen. John Bansemer, Assistant Director of National Intelligence
- Steve McCraw, Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety
- William McRaven, Chancellor of the University of Texas System
Comey is scheduled to deliver his keynote remarks at 10:30 a.m.
Report a typo to the ABC13 digital staff