Woman bitten by venomous copperhead snake inside restaurant

EMBED </>More Videos

A woman was bitten by a venomous snake inside ar estaurant.

A woman who went to a Virginia restaurant expecting a steak dinner instead ended up in the hospital with a snake bite.

It happened in the entryway of a Longhorn Steakhouse earlier this month.

Rachel Myrick says she was walking with her family when she felt a stinging sensation in her foot.

"I freaked out and grabbed my foot because of the amount of pain and under my fingers felt it wiggle. That's a copperhead, we need to call 911," she said.

Myrick's boyfriend and teenage son were able to kill the venomous snake.

But she was left severely hurt after the attack and spent nearly a week in the hospital.

She says the recovery will take a full three months.

Report a typo to the ABC13 staff
Related Topics:
pets-animalssnakeanimalsrestaurantu.s. & worldVirginia
(Copyright ©2019 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)