More pets run away from home during this holiday than any other day.
The Houston SPCA recommends keeping your pet at home if you go out.
If you host a party, make sure someone always knows where your pet is.
Here are some additional tips to help get your furry friends through the day:
- Keep them distracted during fireworks.
- Turn on the TV or radio to drown out the sound, or give them a treat to keep them busy.
- Update your pet's collar and micro-chip,
- Keep alcohol beverages away from your pets.
- If your pet(s) ingest any fireworks, call the vet!