Woman hospitalized with burns after being trapped in burning building

EMBED </>More Videos

A woman is recovering at the hospital after being rescued from a burning building in Porter

A woman rescued from an apartment fire in Porter is now recovering at Memorial Hermann Hospital's burn center.

Firefighters say the 55-year-old woman called for help around 1:00am this morning saying her home was on fire and she couldn't get out. She lives in an apartment located inside an autoshop on Needham Road off Ford.

Firefighters fought through the heavy fire and smoke coming from the building and found the woman inside. She was unconscious.

Paramedics rushed her to the hospital with burns to her face and hands.

Firefighters are currently investigating what started the blaze.
Related Topics:
fireburn injuriesPorter
(Copyright ©2018 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)