HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fire broke out at a high rise in Midtown Saturday afternoon.
It happened just before 4:30pm in the 5000 block of Fannin.
HFD arrived to find heavy smoke on the seventh floor of the high rise and a fire in the kitchen of an apartment. The sprinkler system was activated throughout the building. A second alarm was requested at 4:44pm. The fire was declared under control just before 5:30pm.
There was heavy smoke, water damage and fire damage to kitchen in the apartment.
The woman whose apartment the fire started in, tells Eyewitness News she was using her microwave when it shorted. She said she was able to get her kids and parents out of the apartment.
There were no injuries.
More TOP STORIES News