HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- Firefighters were called to battle a two-alarm fire that broke out at a popular Humble restaurant.
The fire sparked before 11pm at the Pappas Bar-B-Q restaurant on the Eastex Freeway near FM 1960.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke pouring out from the restaurant and flames shooting from one of the vent stacks.
A grease fire in the barbecue pit and kitchen vent damaged part of the roof. The restaurant also had some smoke and water damage.
Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.
Humble Fire Chief Gary Outlaw says the restaurant will be closed for now, but it could have been a lot worse given the high winds they experienced during the fire.
"Probably would have been a total loss if it had been on the west side of the building," Outlaw says.
Firefighters from Atascocita and Houston were also called to help contain the blaze.
Firefighters battle two-alarm blaze at Humble restaurant
More TOP STORIES News