Son accused in parents' and sibling's murder returns to Houston

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 19-year-old who was arrested in Mississippi and charged in the deaths of his parents and sibling is back in Houston.

Episcopal Priest Israel Ahimbisibwe, his wife, Dorcus, and their five-year-old son, Jay, were all found dead in their west Houston home Monday. Late last week, investigators arrested Isaac Tiharihondi without incident in Mississippi and charged him with two counts of capital murder.

Tiharihondi left Mississippi at 12:40pm Monday. ABC-13 cameras were rolling as Tiharihondi stepped foot back Houston around 7pm. Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies made the seven-hour drive from Mississippi, bringing Tiharihondi straight to the county jail.

"Isaac, police say you killed your family. Anything to say? Did you do it?" we asked.

The 19-year-old made eye contact, but didn't say a word. Investigators say he did murder his family at their west Houston apartment by beating his parents to death with a hammer and stabbing his five-year-old brother.

Court records filed Wednesday say the couple planned to confront their 19-year-old son on the day they were murdered. A Houston police investigator said in an affidavit that Tiharihondi told friends and family that he had joined the Marines and was leaving at the end of the month. But according to the investigator, the parents didn't believe him and planned to confront him on Tuesday, January 29, the day police believe they, along with their 5-year-old son, were murdered.

"Your little brother, little Jay. Five years old. Do you have anything to say, Isaac?" we asked.

But still, Tiharihondi said nothing. The 19-year-old suspect was booked Monday night and put in an orange jumpsuit. Minutes later, he went before a judge charged with capital murder.

"Are you a US citizen?" asked the judge.

"No I'm not," said Tiharidondi.

The judge then asked, "What country are you from?"

"I'm from Uganda," he answered.

Court officials will now contact the Ugandan Consulate to notify them of the arrest. Tiharihondi was denied bond. He's set to go back before a judge Tuesday morning.
Copyright © 2019 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.