Possible carbon monoxide poisoning on blood donation bus

Three staff members on board a Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center bus had to be taken to the hospital after possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

It happened outside the Marq*E Entertainment Center on the Katy Freeway at Silber.

According to Cortney Martin with the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, three workers on board the bus began feeling nauseous and 911 was called. They were all taken to the hospital by ambulance. The have since been released from the hospital.

No blood donors were on board at the time of the incident. Workers believe the bus was possibly leaking carbon monoxide, but the carbon monoxide sensor did not go off on the bus.

Related Topics:
carbon monoxideHouston
(Copyright ©2018 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)