Sade Collins says that was the first sign something was wrong with her father, Harris County Sheriff's deputy Michael Collins, so she went to his northwest Harris County home to check on him.
"He was in the living room on the floor," said Collins, "I touched him, he was cold. Then I called 911."
The sheriff's office said there was a gas leak at the home. The fire marshal is investigating, but Sade can't shake the feeling something is off.
"Our house was torn up. Somebody did something and somebody knows something," said Collins.
She said she saw chairs flipped over and clothes and shoe boxes strewn about the home.
Collins said her dad loved the job with HCSO that he'd had since 1991 and took good care of her and her brothers.
"He loved his kids, he took care of his kids, so I don't know what happened," she added.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff