HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some southeast Houston families are homeless after a fire ripped through a home and two apartment units on 4534 Mayflower.
Those who lived there rushed out of their homes when they saw smoke and flames. One family even had to get out four small children.
"I come up to the front here, open the door, and looked out and I went back and told her to get the babies," said Charlie McGee.
Firefighters say there were no injuries, but one person was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Arson investigators are still looking into what sparked the fire.
Family with young children barely escapes house fire in SE Houston