PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A Pearland family of eight whose home was damaged by fire late last month is still living there despite having no electricity.
Rosaura Hernandez family tells Eyewitness News they have no other options right now for her six children, ages 1 to 18 years old.
On June 29, a fire tore through a backyard shed and the family vehicle, melting all the electrical wiring. According to the Pearland Fire Marshal's Office, a transformer blew causing the fire in the 2200 block of O'Day Road. While the transformer has been replaced, the family can't afford to replace the wiring.
They have been living with no electricity, which also means no air conditioning. A plastic kiddie pool and fans powered by borrowed electricity provide some comfort, but it's not what the struggling parents want for their children.
"I know it's not good for the kids, but I don't have any other place to go where we can stay with the kids," said Hernandez.
The Fire Marshal's Office ruled the fire an accident.
Pearland family with 6 kids forced to live in trailer after house fire
More TOP STORIES News