Chlorine leak shuts down part of Kemah Boardwalk parking garage

EMBED </>More Videos

Kemah officials say two people were exposed to the chemical and were treated. We're told they're in stable condition (KTRK)

A section of the parking garage at the Kemah Boardwalk is closed due to a chlorine leak, according to the Kemah Fire Department.

Kemah officials say two people were exposed to the chemical and treated. We're told they're in stable condition.

"The Kemah Fire Department is in the process of identifying a potential chlorine leak in a swimming pool pump located in the parking garage area," Mark Kane, Divisional Vice President of Theme Park Operations, said in a prepared statement. "The Kemah Boardwalk is open for business as usual. An isolated area inside the parking garage is closed as the situation is being investigated."

The Kemah Fire Department told Eyewitness News the garage was evacuated but Kane said that is not the case.

We're gathering more information and we'll have the latest developments on Eyewitness News at 10.
Related Topics:
Kemah
(Copyright ©2018 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)