CYPRESS, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say a woman using nail polish remover close to a candle is to blame for a fire last night in Cypress. The 20-year-old woman received third-degree burns over half her body.
It happened just after 9pm in the 19300 block of Poppy Grove Lane.
Harris County Fire Marshal's Office Captain Dean Hensley said in a release, "The investigation found that a flash fire occurred when the victim was using finger nail polish remover near a candle that ignited the vapors."
She was taken to the hospital by LifeFlight.
Damage to the home was minimal.
Cypress woman severely burned in nail polish remover accident
More TOP STORIES News