- First you will want to decide how you want to design your clay pot; I chose to place the tissue paper on the bottom of the pot.
- Lay the tissue paper out flat and place the pot on its side on top of the tissue paper. Pull up the tissue paper and use a pencil to draw the pattern to fit the pot, be careful not to rip the paper. Cut out the pattern and set it aside.
- Next, paint the whole pot with an Americana white acrylic base paint, and this will soak into the clay pot so that your patio paint will cover better. Let the white paint dry 5-10 minutes.
- Paint a layer of patio paint onto the area that you will not be using decou page for the tissue paper. Let it dry 10 minutes and then paint 2 more layers onto the same area, allowing it to dry 10 minutes in between layers.
- Painting a small section at a time, paint the decou page onto the pot and lay the tissue paper on it, press down slowly; be careful not to rip the tissue paper.
- Continue with small sections at a time until it is completely covered. Let it dry for 30 minutes and then paint a layer of Patio Paint sealer on top of the tissue paper to seal it, let it dry for about 30 minutes before you plant your flowers.
- Once you put this outside, you can add some wooden numbers to use as an address marker. Just paint thin wood squares, that you can purchase at Michaels, with patio paint, then use the Deco Art paint markers to write your address numbers on the painted squares, you can paint decorations like a flower on them also.
- After all the paint has dried, paint a layer of patio paint sealer. Paint a dowel rod and attach the wooden number with either hot glue or E6000 glue.
For more DIY ideas from Adeina Anderson check out www.craftingwithadeina.com