A lot of times you have something specific in mind when it comes to your decorations that it can be tough to find exactly what you want and when you do it's often a price you don't want to pay!
DIYing it gives you the creative freedom to design any look you want at a low price.
Here's my template, but feel free to create your own version, using different colors and textures!
I must admit, I was a little hesitant attempting this project, but I am so proud of the way it turned out! It was so easy and fun to do!
- Iron the towel to get out any wrinkles.
- I'm not very artistic, so I copied a picture from the internet to use as a template. I didn't even print it, just enlarged it on the computer screen and traced it! Then I cut it out and voila I had a template!
- Next you want to lay out your design. Position the bunny and the burlap where you want it on the towel.
- Now, trace the image using pencil.
- I went over the pencil tracing with a white paint pen and then painted the inside of the bunny. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and add another coat of paint.
- Repeat until you have the desired color and the color of the tea towel does not show through.
- For the burlap bottom, I am not good with needle and thread and I knew I would not be washing the towel so I used hot glue.
- I ruffled the burlap, in sort of an overlapping pattern, and used straight pens to keep it in place.
- Once I had the desired look, I removed it from the bottom and hot glued each fold.
- Then I returned it to the bottom of the towel and glued it on.
- For the sides, I wrapped it around the back for a more finished look.
- Now, add the lace across the top and glue it.