On Thursday, vendors put their best plates forward to try and win the 7th Annual Annual Gold Buckle Foodie Awards.
The judges, from various media outlets across town, loosened up their belts to try everything from corn dogs to deep fried Oreos to barbecue and everything else you can imagine on a stick.
PHOTOS: Gold Buckle Foodie Awards:
Here are this year's winning vendors:
- Best Breakfast Food: Texas Skillet - Breakfast Cowboy Burrito
- Best Value Food: Stubby's Cinnamon Rolls - "The Original"
- Best Food-on-a-Stick: Holmes Smokehouse - bacon wrapped sausage-on-a-stick
- Best Fried Food: Custom Confections - fried brownie ball
- Classic Fair Food: Holmes Smokehouse - gourmet 1/2 lb. Texas burger
- Most Creative Food: Belgian Waffles - fried Sriracha balls
- Best New Flavor: Holmes Smokehouse - baked potato with meat
- Best Dessert: Stubby's Cinnamon Rolls - "The Works"
A few lucky (or unlucky) judges also got to test out a pizza topped with scorpions, caterpillars and crickets. The surprise entry bugged out some judges, while those brave enough to try it said it wasn't that bad (we'll point out that not one of those judges finished a whole slice).
Want to try all the winning foods? If you do, you can win a prize through the rodeo's "I Ate All 8" deal. All you have to do is pick up a punch card from the Commercial Exhibits Committee office then go out and eat! Once you've tried them all, take your card to the Social Station in Hall D of NRG Center and you can win buttons, koozies and t-shirts.