HOUSTON -- Chocolate is great, but DIY Chocolate candy is even better! So this Valentine's Day say it DIY Candy! Despite the way it looks, these homemade turtles are very easy to make and I can guarantee you, your valentine will be impressed! And by making them yourself you'll definitely save some money!
Here's what you need:
1 1/2 cup butter
3 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup corn syrup, light
1 1/2 condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 lb pecans
1 lb cashews
1/2 lb chocolate
1. In a saucepan, first melt the butter.
2. Then incorporate the sugar, still until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Then add corn syrup, followed by condensed milk.
4. Continuing stirring over medium heat until around 245 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove from heat and add vanilla, set aside.
6. While the caramel cools, arrange the pecans and cashews in the shape of a turtle, with about five nuts per cluster.
7. Use a spoon to pour the caramel on the nut clusters.
8. Melt the chocolate and pour the chocolate on top of the caramel.
Love this Valentine's Day DIY chocolate recipe
Kat Cosley's do-it-yourself chocolate candy (Photo/Kat Cosley)