Woman says car seat heaters in Mercedes burned her

When it's cold out, many people turn on their seat warmers in their car, but a woman in Massachusetts says hers actually burned through her clothes.

Gloria Strandskov said she was driving her Mercedes when a wire inside her seat apparently burned right through her coat and left a charred hole in her leather seat.

"What if that had happened on the highway when you can't pull over? That's what's so scary," Strandskov said.

Mercedes says it's aware of the problem in some of its cars.

Report a typo to the ABC13 staff
Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.