HITCHCOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Casey Hunt is only one day old, but his parents are already calling him their guardian angel.
His parents, Chad and Leslie, had been preparing for his birth for months. His room was painted and decorated.
Then, on Saturday, their Hitchcock apartment caught on fire. A faulty wire sparked in the baby's room, destroying everything inside.
And, as the couple was trying to salvage their belongings, Leslie's water broke. Casey was on his way.
The couple lost all their belongings, and their beloved dog, in the fire.
"I'm just so happy that the fire happened before i brought our baby home," said Leslie.
The couple is now working to rebuild, with Casey by their side.
If you'd like to help, a GoFundMe site has been set up for the family.
Hitchcock couple calls one-day-old baby their guardian angel
More TOP STORIES News