SpongeBob SquarePants toy found in child's x-ray

EMBED </>More Videos

A doctor conducting an x-ray found that a child in Saudi Arabia swallowed a SpongeBob SquarePants toy.

A doctor conducting an x-ray found that a child in Saudi Arabia swallowed a SpongeBob SquarePants toy.

The child, a 16-month-old boy, was brought in to the hospital because he was believed to have swallowed 'something.'

Sure enough, he had swallowed a toy pendant that belongs to his older sister.

"I thought it is just a pin," Dr. Ghofran Ageely told ABC News. "But when I opened the frontal view I was shocked to see SpongeBob looking at me with a big smile. Its angle and rotation are just perfect."

Thankfully the toy was safely removed and the little boy is okay.

Children ages 1-3 are most at risk for choking or swallowing small objects - sometimes the effects can be deadly.

So parents are reminded to keep an eye out for choking hazards such as toys, household items and food.
Related Topics:
healthhealthu.s. & worldbuzzworthybizarre
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)