Christmas fire ripped through NE Houston garage

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A northeast Houston couple is grateful for their health this Christmas after a fire ripped through their garage.

The couple says their car caught fire around 9am at their townhome near Aldine westfield and the beltway in northeast Harris County. Luckily, they were able to get out of the home and call 911 before the fire spread.

"Everything is gone," said fire victim Vanessa Manguso. "We don't even have money for a hotel. He opened the garage door and there was smoke and he burned his arm so he could let the smoke out. He called 911, came and got me out of the shower."

Residents spent Christmas morning waiting outside with firefighters, but thankfully nobody was hurt.
Related topics:
Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.