Linda Rossman, the cooking connection manager at HEB Grand Parkway, shared fast meals that are five ingredients or less and won't require hours in the kitchen.
Start with an appetizer that you can prepare now and bake later.
Warm Bacon Cheddar Raspberry Chipotle Dip
1 8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 Cup Robert's Reserve Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
1/2 cup Colby jack cheese (Shredded)
1/4 cup Bacon Bits
1/2 bunch diced green onions (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of an 8x11 baking pan.
3. Spread the raspberry chipotle over the cream cheese, sprinkle Colby jack and bacon bits on top.
4. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Top with green onions and serve with chips.
(This layered dip can be built, covered and chilled overnight and baked the next day.)
Next, pull out the crockpot for a low-maintenance meat dish.
Pulled Pork Sliders
1 3-5 lb. Boston Butt
1 Bottle Cookwell & Co. Pecos 83 Marinade
5-7 oz. white onion, diced
2 Tbsp. Adams Reserve Sweet Pork Rib Rub
2 12oz. packages King Hawaiian Slider rolls
1. Sprinkle the rub over the pork butt and place in the crockpot.
2. Pour 1/2 bottle of Pecos over the pork and add diced onions.
3. Cover and heat on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 6-8 hours or overnight.
4. Remove from crockpot and shred with two forks. Discard juices and rinse out the crockpot.
5. Return shredded pork to slow crockpot and stir in remaining Pecos 83 marinade.
6. Continue to keep on medium heat while serving.
Try a side that;s semi-homemade!
Sweet Peach Coleslaw
1 8.5 oz. Creamy Coleslaw Salad Kit (dressing is included in the kit)
7oz. can peaches, drained and diced
2 Tsp. Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning Blend
1. Drain and dice the peached and place in a bowl.
2. Add the slaw shreds, dressing and seasoning to the bowl and stir.
3. Chill for 30 minutes.
(The slaw can be eaten as a side dish or even served on the pulled pork sandwich)
Buy pre-made marinated meats that you can grab, go, and grill:
- Armadillo eggs: Jalapenos stuffed with chicken breast and wrapped in bacon.
- Spinach Parmesan: Chicken breast stuffed with a blend of spinach and parmesan stuffing.
- Chorizo Poppers: Chorizo and cream cheese stuffed jalapenos with BBQ seasoning.
Place on grill and cook until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Then, try a super-easy dessert!
Cake in a Cup
1 16oz. sliced butter pound cake or angel food cake
1 16oz. fresh Strawberries or any fruit (washed and diced )
1 8oz. frozen dessert topping (can be frosting or Cool Whip)
10 6oz. clear drinking cups
1. Crumble a piece of cake into the bottom of each cup.
2. Spoon 1-2 ounces of dessert topping over the cake.
3. Place sliced strawberries in the cup and continues to layer the items.
4. Garnish the cake cups with fresh strawberries.
(The cake cups can be built and chilled overnight.)