Lemon Curd (adapted from Alton Brown)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 stick of butter, cut into cubes and chilled
Before you start, juice lemons to equal approximately 3/4 cup (add cold water if necessary). Zest lemon and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine egg yolks & sugar, whisking until smooth, about a minute.
- Over medium heat stir in lemon juice and lemon zest, stirring constantly for approximately 8 minutes until the mixtures thickens and coats a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter, 1 piece at a time letting each piece melt before adding the next piece.
- Pour the cooled lemon curd into a air tight container. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Lemon Curd
- Flower Cookie cutter
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Confectioner's Sugar for dusting
- Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Using cookie cutter, cut flower shapes into pre-made pie crust. Press each flower into muffin tin to form a little cup. Gently poke the bottom with a fork to prevent dough from rising. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Immediately upon taking out of the oven, press each pie crust gently into a serving platter to flatten the bottom. Let cool.
- Fill with Lemon Curd, garnish with a blueberry and sprinkle with powdered sugar.