Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 38 mins
For the cakes:
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the filling:
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 16 oz tub of cream cheese icing
- Heat oven to 375F, and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. I also recommend lining the pans with parchment paper, before spraying.
- In a mixing bowl, beat all cake ingredients together on medium speed, just until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drop batter onto baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. If you're fancy, you can use a piping bag instead of a spoon!
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, watching carefully to make sure the cakes don't burn (since they are so small!) Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- For the filling, mix pumpkin pie spice into the icing.
- Spread filling onto half of the cakes. Top with the remaining cakes. Enjoy! I recommend storing in the refrigetator in an airtight container (It will keep the filling from oozing).