Natural Cough Syrup
- Chop 1 whole onion.
- Boil onion and 1 cup of raw honey for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the onions and take 1-2 tablespoons as needed.
Homemade Cough Drops
- Raw honey (pure, local honey works best)
- Optional: Candy molds or parchment paper
- Optional: Ginger, cinnamon, whiskey, vitamin C, lemon juice
- Boil honey to 300 degrees, Drop on parchment paper or pour in molds. Let sit until hard.
- Lemon and ginger tea
- Half a lemon
- Tablespoon of Jack Daniels
- Optional cough drop for extra potency or peppermint pillow candy
- Kid Friendly version: substitute apple juice for tea and alcohol
- Boil Ginger root
- 5 Dual-Action Ricola
- Boil in 2 cups of water with honey and lemon
- Eucalyptus Chest Compress
- Pour 2 ounces of almond or olive oil into a small bowl or cup.
- Add 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- (For a thicker consistency use solid coconut oil)
For more from Tamika Fletcher, visit her Facebook page