WATCH: E-cigarette explodes in man's pocket

This video is evidence that e-cigarettes can be bad for your health.

Surveillance video shows a man pacing outside a nightclub in France, puffing on an electronic cigarette, then putting the device in his pocket.

A short time later, sparks begin to fly from his right side. The e-cigarette burst into flames, which his buddies hastily tried to extinguish.

RELATED: Vape battery explodes inside woman's purse
EMBED More News Videos

Surveillance camera video caught the moment when a vape battery exploded inside a woman's purse

The man has second-degree burns, but he is expected to recover.

RELATED: California man loses eye after e-cigarette explosion
EMBED More News Videos

An Orange County man who lost an eye when his electronic cigarette exploded in his face last month tells Eyewitness News his story for the first time.

Copyright © 2022 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.