The NABJ Stuart Scott Internship-Scholarship is offered in memory of the late SportsCenter personality who reported at ESPN for 22 years.
The successful applicant will learn and grow over a 10-week paid internship in Bristol, Connecticut, receiving a $3,500 stipend in addition to a free trip to the 2019 NABJ Convention & Career Fair in Miami.
You have until Feb. 15 to apply.
Click here for more details on the scholarship program.
ESPN Internship Program Details:
June 10 - Aug. 17, 2019
- This is a paid internship: 10 weeks, 40 hours per week
- The student will also receive a $3,500 stipend on behalf of ESPN and The Sports Task Force
- Interns will pay $2,000 for fully furnished housing that covers 10 weeks
- The awardee will have the opportunity to participate in programming events hosted throughout the summer, including the Intern Symposium featuring Q&A with ESPN leaders and networking with recruiters for full-time positions
- The awardee will have opportunities to network with recruiters throughout the media industry for full-time positions
- The awardee will be placed in a Production internship
Am I eligible to apply?
- Must be an NABJ member
- Must major in journalism/communications with an interest in pursuing a career in sports journalism
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full time in the semester prior to the internship
- Must be graduating in May 2019, December 2019 or May 2020