The 2019/20 Distinguished Scholars Program was created to assist students planning to continue their education at a two-or four-year university. Forty scholarships of $5,000 each were awarded to select class of 2020 graduates from the Alief, Houston and Spring Branch Independent School Districts (ISD). These Distinguished Scholars both in academics and one of these categories: Beating the Odds, Career & Technical Education, Communications, Performing & Fine Arts, S.T.E.M., Service & Leadership, Spirit & Student Athletics.
THIS MONTH WE CONGRATULATE ALL CITGO DISTINGUISHED SCHOLARS!
SEE PREVIOUS FEATURED SCHOLAR VIGNETTES
MEET THE DISTINGUISHED SCHOLARS OF 2019
Browse the student profiles by selecting a category below.
CITGO Distinguished Scholars Program 2020
The 2020 CITGO Distinguished Scholars program will be accepting applications from students in the class of 2021 in the Alief, Spring Branch and Houston Independent School Districts starting in February 2020. Students can apply in each of the following categories to receive a scholarship to a two or four year school.
Beating the Odds
Career and Technical
Performing and Fine Arts
Service and Leadership
If you are interested in applying for the 2020 Program, follow these steps:
- Visit the website - www.saafdn.org/scholarships
- Click on the "Apply for a Scholarship" section and click on Individual Applications. Then click on the "Apply Now" button.
- You must create a login. Once you create a log-in, click on the word Apply in the top left corner.
- Scroll until you find the CITGO Distinguished Scholars Program application for your district (Alief, Houston, Spring Branch) and click the blue Apply button to begin your application.
- You will be asked to upload a copy of your transcript and PSAT/SAT or ACT scores with your application.
SEE PREVIOUS SCHOLAR VIGNETTES
CITGO believes in being an active member in the communities where we operate. In fact, our commitment to making a positive impact has always been a hallmark of CITGO operations. For more than 100 years, we have demonstrated this commitment through our established social and development programs, just like the Distinguished Scholars initiative.