The 2020/21 Distinguished Scholars Program was created to assist students planning to continue their education at a two-or four-year university. Forty scholarships were awarded to select class of 2021 graduates from the Alief, Houston and Spring Branch Independent School Districts (ISD). These Distinguished Scholars are being recognized not only for the academics but also for their excellence in one of the following categories: Beating the Odds, Career & Technical Education, Communications, Performing & Fine Arts, S.T.E.M., Service & Leadership, Spirit, or Student Athletics.
THIS MONTH WE'RE HIGHLIGHTING WILLIAM STIDMAN, VP OF LAMAR CYCLING CLUB
NAME: William Stidman
HIGH SCHOOL: Lamar High School
ACHIEVEMENTS: William is a member of the National Honor society and Vice President of the Lamar Cycling club. He was a concertmaster of the Varsity Orchestra and has qualified for state twice both for a violin duet and solo. William exhibits his leadership skills as a long standing eagle scout and the senior patrol leader of his troops.
GOALS: William plans to study either mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering. He hopes to one day work as part of a Formula One Team.
MEET THE DISTINGUISHED SCHOLARS OF 2020
Browse the student profiles by selecting a category below.
CITGO Distinguished Scholars Program 2021
The 2021 CITGO Distinguished Scholars program will be accepting applications from students in the class of 2021/22 in the Alief, Spring Branch and Houston Independent School Districts starting in February 2021. Students can apply in each of the following categories to receive a scholarship to a two or four year school.
- Beating the Odds
- Career and Technical
- Performing and Fine Arts
- Service and Leadership
- STEM Education
- Student Athlete
If you are interested in applying for the 2021 Program, follow these steps:
- Visit the website - www.saafdn.org/scholarships
- Click on the "Apply for a Scholarship" section and click on Individual Applications. Then click on the "Apply Now" button.
- You must create a login. Once you create a log-in, click on the word Apply in the top left corner.
- Scroll until you find the CITGO Distinguished Scholars Program application for your district (Alief, Houston, Spring Branch) and click the blue Apply button to begin your application.
- You will be asked to upload a copy of your transcript and PSAT/SAT or ACT scores with your application.
CITGO believes in being an active member in the communities where we operate. In fact, our commitment to making a positive impact has always been a hallmark of CITGO operations. For more than 100 years, we have demonstrated this commitment through our established social and development programs, just like the Distinguished Scholars initiative.