Hummus & Olive Salsa from Patricia Lopez
Ingredients for Hummus:
- 1 can (15.5 oz) GOYA low Sodium Chick peas, drained and can rinsed
- 3 tbsp. GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. GOYA Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tsp. GOYA minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. GOYA Paprika
- 1 tsp. GOYA Adobo All-purposes Season with Pepper
Ingredients for the Olive Salsa:
- 3/4 cut GOYA Pitted Manzanilla Spanish Olives sliced
- 2 tbsp. GOYA Capers
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. GOYA Hot Sauce, optional
- GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, optional
- GOYA Snack Crackers- for serving
- In food processor or blender, combine chick peas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, 1 tablespoon water, paprika and Adobo. Puree until mixture is smooth and creamy, about one minute.
- In medium bowl, combine olives, capers, tomatoes, shallots, parsley and hot sauce, if desired. This should make approximately two cups of salsa.
- Spoon hummus into serving dish, smoothing it and creating a hollow in the center for the salsa. Spoon salsa into hollow. (As an alternate presentation, layer hummus, and then salsa, alternating layers, in a shallow dish.) Drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Click Here For Printable Recipe