You are eligible for disaster unemployment insurance if you meet one of the following criteria as a direct result of Hurricane Harvey:
- You lost your job, which was more than 50% of your total income.
- You live in, work in, or travel through the disaster area.
- Your place of employment was damaged or closed.
- You were scheduled to start work but the job no longer exists or you can no longer reach the new job.
- You suffered injury or incapacitation.
- You became the breadwinner or major support of the household due to the death of the head of household.
Disaster unemployment insurance is only available for a limited period of time that will be determined by FEMA regulators.
More information is available on the Texas Workforce Commission's website.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff