"I saw a flare hit my fence," said 14-year-old Miguel Ochoa.
The fun quickly turned to panic for Ochoa, still recording on his cell phone as the garage of his neighbor's home on Flatrock Creek and March Creek went up in flames.
Ochoa woke up his is dad while the other neighbors rushed to get John Scott and his wife out of their burning home.
The fire quickly spread and all Scott could do is watch.
"I looked and said, "oh man, my God."
Firefighters did what they could.
"It was the garage, the car, my tools, the freezer full of food," he said.
Scott's Lexus, expensive ATV and tools were all gone.
Scott showed us room after room damaged by fire, smoke and water.
"It's kind of tough because I haven't ever been through this," he said.
Directly across the street, used bottle rockets artillery shells and other fireworks still litter the ground. The neighbor who lives at the home says he set off the fireworks, but did not cause the fire at Scott's home.
"I could have burned up in there," said Scott.
Scott says he's not convinced. He says the video Ochoa took says it all.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices