Lauer's announcement came Monday, three days after the celebrity cook abruptly canceled on the morning show, where she was scheduled to answer questions about her past use of racial slurs.
Lauer said Deen "told us she will be here this time."
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to using the N-word in the past, but she insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
Deen issued videotaped apologies Friday afternoon seeking forgiveness from fans and critics.
But hours later, the Food Network announced it would not renew her contract when it ends this month.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices