It happened at a complex on Rodeo Square at Westbranch. A man says he was watching TV when he smelled smoke. He woke up his wife and two children and they left the apartment as the smoke thickened. They saw the kitchen in flames as they fled.
The fire appears to have started on the stove, but the family says they were not cooking at the time.
The flames did not spread to any other units and no one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices