Woman injured while cooking at assisted living center

February 18, 2013 6:09:30 AM PST
A 60-year-old woman is in the hospital after a fire broke out while she was cooking.

It happened around 11pm at the Johnson Enterprises Assisted Living Center on East Henderson near Highway 35 in Angleton.

Everyone but the woman had made it out safely when firefighters arrived. Crews found her unconscious inside her unit and rushed her to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire crews are still investigating what started the fire but all signs are pointing to the stove right now. No one else got hurt.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices