Fireplace may have sparked fire at Woodlands townhome

Investigators believe flames from a fireplace caught the townhome's roof on fire.

January 4, 2013 4:25:30 PM PST
A fireplace may have sparked the blaze that destroyed the roof of a Woodlands home Friday afternoon.

Initial reports were that the fire at the home on Carson Ridge Drive started in the chimney shortly before noon and spread to the rest of the home.

Flames were shooting through the roof when firefighters arrived, and the roof collapsed shortly after, forcing crews to get ouf of the burning home.

Crews were able to get the flames under control within an hour, though the home was heavily damaged.

No injuries were reported.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices