The city has 18 free recycling sites around the city where you can drop off your Christmas tree. You must remove all decorations, ornaments, tinsel, lights and stands from the tree. Flocked trees cannot be recycled.
The recycling program starts today and runs to January 8. We have the full list of recycling locations below.
Hours and dates of operation (All locations closed New Year's Day, Jan. 1, 2013):
OPEN Wed. - Sun., 9am to 6pm
- Sunbeam Neighborhood Depository - 5100 Sunbeam
- Central Neighborhood Depository - 2240 Central St.
- Kirkpatrick Neighborhood Depository - 5565 Kirkpatrick
- Sommermeyer Neighborhood Depository - 14400 Sommermeyer
- N. Main Neighborhood Depository - 9003 N. Main
- Southwest Neighborhood Depository -10785 SW Freeway
OPEN Mon. - Fri. 9am to 5pm; Saturday 9am - 12pm; CLOSED SUNDAY
- Westpark Consumer Recycling Center - 5900 Westpark
OPEN DAILY, 9am to 6pm
- Doss Park (gates close at 5) - 2500 Frick Road
- Memorial Park (Ball Fields 4 and 5) - 7300 Memorial Drive
- T.C. Jester Park - 4200 T.C. Jester West
- Kingwood - Bens View Lane @ Bens Branch Drive
- Ellington Airport Recycling Drop-off HWY 3 at Brantley Road
OPEN Mon. - Sat., 8am to 5pm; CLOSED SUNDAY
- Living Earth - 5625 Crawford Road
- Living Earth - 1503 Industrial Drive (Gessner @ Hwy 90)
- Living Earth - 1700 Highway 90A East
- Living Earth - 12202 Cutten Road
- Living Earth - 16138 Highway 6
- Living Earth - 5210 S. Sam Houston Pkwy.