According to a Spring ISD spokesperson, Dueitt Middle School released students early due to the outage. A fire alarm went off this morning before school started. It was prompted by smoke from air conditioning equipment that overheated due to the failure of the a nearby transformer.
Staff and students who were already at school were evacuated and students who were arriving at school were kept outside the building.
Centerpoint is working on the problem and hope to have it resolved by the end of the day.