Dallas hotel open after basement fire, nobody hurt

DALLAS, TX

A front desk clerk says the Hotel Lawrence was open for business Monday.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says Sunday night's fire was started by a malfunctioning dryer. Evans says smoke that was reported in the basement traveled up the main stairwell and went out the roof.

He says one sprinkler head activated and helped contain the blaze to the basement.

Evans says the fire was extinguished in less than an hour.

Copyright © 2019 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.